Upgrade your system with the Core i7-970 and own Intel's top-of-the-line desktop processor in the world. Based on the 32nm Gulftown manufacturing process, this six-core CPU added with AES new instructions is designed to handle the most intense compute and visualization workloads you can throw at it. The 12MB of Intel Smart Cache gives you blazing speeds you never realized were possible.
Take advantage of Intel Turbo Boost technology which dynamically accelerates CPU performance to match your workload. Hyper-Threading technology effectively doubles the output of your six physical cores, giving you unmatched data processing. The Integrated Memory Controller optimizes data bandwidth with support for triple-channel DDR3 memory.
Add the Intel Core i7-970 to your system and you’ll never look back. Experience the brilliantly fast speed, versatility and raw power of massive multi-core processing today!
- 32nm Hexa-Core ProcessingWith six processing cores, the multitasking monster Intel Core i7-970 delivers six times the performance on highly-threaded applications, taking your desktop PC experience into a completely new realm of mega power. Intel's breakthrough 32nm process technology incorporates 2nd generation of high-k + metal gate transistors for improved performance and energy efficiency.
- Integrated DDR3 Memory ControllerWith the integrated DDR3 memory controller, the Intel Core i7-970 enables three channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory, resulting in up to 25.6 GB/sec memory bandwidth. Plus the memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- Intel Smart CacheIntel Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from faster, more efficient cache subsystem resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
- Intel Turbo Boost TechnologyIntel Turbo Boost technology automatically allows processor cores to run faster than the base operating frequency if it's operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits, maximizing speed for demanding applications, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload-more performance when you need it the most.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (HT Technology)Intel Hyper-Threading Technology delivers thread-level parallelism on each processor resulting in more efficient use of processor resources—higher processing throughput—and improved performance on the multi-threaded software of today and tomorrow.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST)EIST allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease average power consumption and average heat production. Combined with existing power saving features, EIST may provide an excellent balance between providing power when you need it and conserving power when you don’t.