The Intel RAID Controller RS2BL080, with eight internal ports is a powerful SAS 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s RAID solution for mainstream use, which offers unprecedented performance with exceptional data protection and design flexibility. This controller delivers outstanding availability with proactive drive monitoring and automatic error correction, along with an optional battery backup that maintains data without the need for an uninterruptible power supply. For even greater protection, the Intel RAID controller allows for optional self-encrypting drive support through the use of an Intel premium feature upgrade.
- Excellent PerformanceLSI SAS2108 ROC technology, x8 PCI Express Generation 2 host interface and 512MB on-board DDR2 800 SDRAM enhance the performance of mainstream applications.
- Exceptional Data ProtectionThe Intel RS2BL080 support data redundancy using SAS or SATA hard disk drives through mirroring, parity, and double parity (RAID levels 1, 5, and 6) plus striping capability for spans (RAID levels 10, 50, and 60).
- Self-encrypting Drive SupportOptional Disk Encryption (DE) model includes SafeStore Encryption Services with Instant Secure Erase and Local Key Management.
- BBU SupportThis adapter supports optional Intel Smart Battery AXXRSBBU7 or AXXRSBBU8 to maintain the data in case the server or power fails, eliminating the need of an additional bulky uninterrupted power supply.
- Hot SpareIncludes global hot spare support that automatically comes online to replace the first drive to fail on any array or disk group on the controller.
- Inside-the-box Design FlexibilityWith a true MD2 form factor, this adapter is ideal for low-profile height and half-length adapter slots. Eight internal 6 Gb/s SAS ports allow connection to 6Gb/s or 3Gb/s high-performance SAS drives, high-capacity SATA drives or a combination of both.