Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Window Silent ATX Midtower Computer Case
- Steel ATX Mid Tower
- 2 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0 and Audio I/O front panel ports Front Ports
- Side Air duct
- 2 x External 5.25" Drive Bays
The Define R4 is the latest in the Define series of silent computer cases. Building on the award-winning foundation of the Define R3, the R4 retains minimalistic yet elegant styling with extraordinary performance, noise reduction features, premium build quality and unparalleled value in this price range while adding a suite of innovative new features.
No longer are you forced to choose between silence and support for liquid cooling, the Define R4 offers both. Top fan positions now allow slim 240 radiators to be mounted internally and select slim radiators can also be mounted in the front fan holder. An integrated fan controller is easily accessible behind the front panel, putting fan control at your fingertips. Cable management and intelligent layout are taken to new levels with the option of mounting up to two 2.5in, SSDs on the reverse side of the motherboard tray, effectively mitigating visible cable clutter. When it comes to cable routing, the Define R4 has it covered. Over one full inch of cable routing space behind the motherboard plate has been achieved by widening the case by just 8mm.
This mid-tower case is a great choice for everything from gaming enthusiast systems to silent home theater and corporate applications. The R4 comes pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing bitumen material on the front, top and side panels. The exclusive ModuVent TM System provides three panels which also have noise-absorbing material; these panels can be removed to expose three air vents for additional fans for high air flow applications. Rubber padding on the case feet, anti-vibration pads for the power supply and HDDs also help reduce noise.
Configuration flexibility is enhanced thanks to two hard drive cages (featuring steel drive trays with black silicone mounting grommets) that support a total of eight 3.5in. HDDs or 2.5in. SSDs. The top five-bay cage is easily rotatable and removable; removing the top cage allows support for graphics cards up to 470mm in length. The bottom three-bay cage is mounted to the chassis by screws instead of rivets, allowing you to easily remove both drive cages for complete flexibility. The spacious sleek black interior can support CPU coolers up to 170mm high. If cooling becomes more of a priority, this system can support up to seven fans with removable, washable filters to provide airflow from five sides of the case. The case also includes cable routing cutouts with improved rubber grommets to ensure greater fit and retention. The bottom of the case has a filter over the power supply and 120/140mm intake fan vent which can be easily removed for cleaning.
- Fully Transparent Side Panel WindowThe acrylic window side panel features the same clean, Scandinavian design as the case itself, and has a completely flat outer surface without any plastic bezel or rivets, allowing you to display your setup in style.
- Optimized for Noise ReductionPre-fitted with dense noise-absorbing material, the R4 also features ModuVent panels which prevent noise from escaping unused fan vents when silence is required. If cooling becomes more of a priority than noise reduction, the ModuVent panels can be removed to expose additional air vents for optional fans.
- Support for Liquid CoolingYou no longer have to make the choice between liquid cooling and silence, the R4 offers both. Top fan positions now allow slim 240mm radiators to be mounted. Select slim radiators can be mounted in the front fan holder (requires the bottom HDD cage to change position).
- Innovative SSD Mounting OptionsHide those drives! Take cable management and interior cleanliness to a whole new level. Mount up to two 2.5in, SSDs out of sight on the back side of the motherboard tray.
- Integrated Fan ControllerFan control at your fingertips. The integrated fan controller is easily accessible behind the front panel and manages up to three fans, allowing you to tailor the fan speed to your needs.
- Advanced Cable ManagementOver 1in. of space behind the motherboard plate means cables can be conveniently routed through five rubber grommets into a generous compartment behind the motherboard to reduce cable clutter and improve airflow.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 1 year
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 1 year
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy