Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Pretty easy to install, just make sure you use the appropriate mounting plate - one for INTEL and the other for AMD chips.
- Silver paste is already applied for you!
- Keeps your hot-working CPU cooooool. For example, my AMD FX-9590 (4.7 to 5+ Gig) idles about 20C and loaded around 40C.
- No water or coolant to add. All that liquid stuff is already added at the factory. This makes installation a breeze!
Cons: - None that I have found, so far.
Other Thoughts: - This is the way to go for water-cooling that heat-generating beast! Prior to this cooler, I used a Zalman, that did a good job on a less heat-producing CPU...keeping me around 40C under load.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Absolutely HUGE, roomy, and easy to customize!
- Loads of fans - and room to add more.
- 10 driver bays! Excellent layout.
- Many ways to route cables through provided pathways and out of the way passages.
- Both sides of case are easily detachable for access to either side of motherboard, etc.
- An ATX motherboard looks tiny inside the case!
- A plethora of screws of every size and motherboard mounting screws is provided.
- Wheels (with locks/brakes) are provided, which make the case easy to move around, especially during the initial test runs.
- I seem to recall some people commenting about an excess of plastic parts. I have to say mine may have about 5% of the case dedicated to plastic. The remainder is pure metal - and seems to make for a really sturdy case.
- Nice diagram illustrating how the case may be disassembled. Handy for those wanting to install water-cooling fans and radiators.
- Case is easy to disassemble and reassemble, as needed to install or reconfigure fans and accessories.
Cons: - Assembly directions were adequate, but could have been better. For instance, there are connections (which appear to be for fans or other components) on the top and bottom of the case, but no mention of what they may be used for in the manual.
- There's a rubber cover over what appears to be a component access plug, on the top panel, but no mention of what it is for in the manual. Not even a mention in the pictures, from what I could see.
Other Thoughts: - This has to be one of the best cases out there, especially for those using water coolers! Once the top two fans are removed, a cooling radiator goes in quite easily - provided you take the top and front panels off first.
- Gotta LOVE NewEgg's prompt shipping department! They seem to consistently get customer orders out the door in an expeditious manner! Thank you!
Pros: Wireless works okay.
Cons: Bought this to replace an older LinkSys router. Wireless has been working fine, however, the hard-wired LAN ports stopped working (all of them!) about 7 months into use. I've tried upgrading the firmware, bought new RJ-45 cables and replaced them all. Still not working wired LAN. I expected MUCH more from a $200+ router!!!!
Other Thoughts: I need to return this thing, and have it replaced before the warranty expires.READ FULL REVIEW