Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
AMD Opteron 170 Denmark Dual-Core 2.0 GHz Socket 939 110W OSA170CDBOX Processor
OUT OF STOCK.
- 1000 MHz
- 90nm Denmark 110W
- 2 x 1MB L2 Cache
The evolutionary AMD Opteron 170 Dual-core processor provides a highly scalable architecture that delivers next-generation performance as well as a flexible upgrade path from 32- to 64-bit computing for any workstation and server platform and is a dramatic leap forward in compatibility, performance, investment protection and reduced total cost of ownership (TCO).
The AMD Opteron 170 Socket 939 processor operates at 2.0GHz with 2 x 1MB (2MB total) L2 Cache for significantly enhanced overall system performance and incredible efficiency in complex computing environments such as CAD, graphics and scientific workstation platforms or high-end gaming desktop systems.
- AMD64 Dual-core TechnologyAMD64 is designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With dual-core technology there are two complete processor cores in one physical package running at the same frequency to deliver TRUE multi-tasking power, allowing users to switch from one program to another without pausing for the computer to catch up and reducing annoying processing pauses.
- Integrated DDR DRAM Memory ControllerThe AMD Opteron 170 Dual-core processor is integrated with a DDR DRAM memory controller capable of supporting ECC DRAM. The integrated memory controller changes the way the processor accesses main memory, resulting in increased bandwidth, reduced memory latencies, and enhanced processor performance. Usage of DDR400/PC3200 memory will provide the processor with up to 6.4GB/s memory bandwidth.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT technology the AMD Opteron 170 Dual-core processor enjoys 1000MHz system bus speeds.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: Non-refundable
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Replacement Only Return Policy