The 4th generation Intel Haswell Core i7-4770S processor is based on the 22nm Haswell Microarchitecture. With quad-core and eight threads, it runs at 3.1GHz clock speed and comes with 8MB of L3 cache memory. New compute instructions ensure enhanced performance per cycle. Improved Intel integrated graphics enable discrete-level graphics performance.
- 22nm Haswell MicroarchitectureThe new Microarchitecture (code name Haswell) has a fully integrated voltage regulator (FIVR) for simplified motherboard design. It delivers improved CPU performance and enhanced overclocking over its previous generation Microarchitecture.
- Advanced Vector Extensions 2Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (AVX2) is an expansion of the AVX instruction set to be first introduced in Intel's Haswell microarchitecture. AVX2 makes the following additions: expansion of most integer AVX instructions to 256 bits, 3-operand general-purpose bit manipulation and multiply, gather support, enabling vector elements to be loaded from non-contiguous memory locations, DWORD- and QWORD-granularity any-to-any permutes, vector shifts and 3-operand fused multiply-accumulate support.
- Intel Hyper-Threading TechnologyIntel Hyper-Threading Technology delivers thread-level parallelism on each processor, resulting in more efficient processor resource use and improved performance on multi-threaded software.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0Designed to increase performance of both multi-threaded and single-threaded workloads, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 allows the processor core to opportunistically and automatically run faster than its rated operating frequency/render clock if it is operating below power, temperature, and current limits. Furthermore, the processor can optimize both processor and Processor Graphics performance by managing power for the overall package, allowing an increase in the render core frequency and increased graphics performance for graphics-intensive workloads.
- Intel processor graphics with Dx11.1 and OpenCL 1.2Haswell core-based processors offer improved integrated graphics. The integrated graphics supports DirectX 11.1 for optimized graphics performance and OpenGL 3.2 and OpenCL 1.2 for enhanced general-purpose computing in GPGPU-supported applications. It also features digital display repartition, where digital display ports are wired directly to the CPU, and analog displays are handled by a Random Access Memory Digital-to-Analog Converter (RAMDAC) located in the Platform Controller Hub (PCH). It supports up to three independent displays: HDMI, DVI, Display Port, VGA (via Lynx Point).
- Haswell power-management innovationHaswell core-based processors offer advanced power management. It has 20x + improvement from prior generations and is automatic, continuous, fine-grained, and transparent to well-written SW.