Engineered for mission-critical storage, the Cheetah 15K.7 HDD is a high performance, high capacity data storage drive that's aimed at environments such as network servers, mainframes, and supercomputer, and is also well suited for business and transaction processing, storage area network and network-attached storage. With 15,000 rpm spinning speed, 4 Gb/s Fibre Channel interface and 16MB cache, this drive delivers responsive data access and fast, uninterrupted data transfer. It also offers reduced costs per GB and increased capacity per watt, when compared with last generation drive.
- Third-generation perpendicular recording delivers up to 600GB.
- Unprecedented performance with sustained data rate of up to 204MB/s—a 16 percent increase over last generation
- Seagate PowerTrim™ technology provides a 62 percent improvement in GBs/W at idle over typical 3.5-inch hard drives.
- Read/write advances deliver nonrecoverable error rate of 1x10E16
- Business and transaction processing
- Storage area networks and networked attached storage
- E-mail, decision support, Internet and e-commerce
- Government-grade, data-at-rest security when drives leave your control*
- Drive retirement cost reduction and drive life extension strategies*
* Requires TCG-compliant host or controller support. Not available in all countries.
- Seventh-generation Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 drive is the fastest, highest capacity and most reliable ever.
- Lower watts/GB ratio helps achieve reduced power and cooling costs while optimizing capacity requirements.
- Higher performance with fewer drives — reducing support infrastructure, physical space requirements and storage management costs
- The highest reliability of any 3.5-inch drive, with increased system reliability due to the need for fewer drives
- Seagate continues to focus on reliability and data protection with industry-leading MTBF.
- Seagate-exclusive enhanced Error Correction Code better maintains performance throughout the life of the drive and reduces the probability of lost data.
- The third generation of Seagate-exclusive Background Media Scan proactively scans the media for potential defects during drive idle time. It enables incipient errors to be corrected before data is lost.
- Quick and Robust Download feature loads new firmware in seconds, with built-in protection to ensure no corruption in the event of a power failure during firmware switch.