The E-commerce landscape is filled with confusion, so we aim to make your experience as smooth as possible. From questions about integration, customer service, marketing, to campaign planning and beyond, we have you covered. Take a look at some of our FAQs, and if you still have questions feel free to reach out to us- we are happy to speak with you and help in any way possible.
Yes. Our promotional vehicles provide opportunities to help sellers drive sales, provided they meet our criteria. Our Merchandising Team works closely with our sellers to develop a structured plan, which identifies and targets successful marketing vehicles for optimal performance.
The Net Sales Price for a Product shall be remitted to Seller on Wednesday of the week in which seven (7) calendar days have elapsed since the day on which NEWEGG received confirmation that the Product was delivered to the Customer; provided that if the seventh such day falls on or after Wednesday of the week in question, then such Net Sales Price shall be remitted on the following Wednesday. Funds are deposited directly into your specified account once a week via ACH transfers, so you will typically receive payment between 15-21 days. Payment details will be emailed to you weekly, and you can also access each settlement under your Seller Portal account.
- The account holder name on your bank records may be incorrect, please double check in the Seller Portal.
- Your W-9 form (W-8BEN-E for international sellers) may have a problem (please check if all information listed on the W-9 form matches the information listed under your main contact information in your seller portal).
- The bank account information may be incorrect or outdated. Please double check this information and update any new bank account to process your ACH Payments.
- Payments are issued to sellers who have accumulated $25 or more in sales ($100 or more in sales for international sellers). Payment will be held until your sales reach this threshold.
We will email you a statement every time we pay you. You also have access to download statement by logging in to the Seller Portal.
Follow these directions:
- On the navigation bar, click on “Business Report” and then on “Payment Reports“.
- Click on “Settlements” -> “Search” and then click on the “View Transactions” link for the settlement you wish to review.
- You will be prompted to the Transaction Detail page. From this page, click on the “Export All” button on the bottom right corner. You will be prompted to save the file; once saved, you can open the file to review your payments in Microsoft Excel.
For domestic U.S. sellers, the primary method of payment is wire transfers, paid out every Wednesday on Net15 payment terms. For global sellers we have three payment options, Payoneer, World First, and PingPong. (Learn More)
Payoneer is a cross-border payment platform that provides online money transfer and currency conversion services for online sellers. It’s easy to sign up and receive your Newegg payments into your Payoneer account, where they can be easily withdrawn directly to your home bank account in your local currency. (Learn More)
World First is a leading foreign exchange company specializing in solutions for online marketplace sellers. They can provide you with access to a U.S. bank account, through which you can receive revenue payments from Newegg. You can then arrange for your funds to be transferred to your home bank account at a time of your choosing and in your local currency. World First offers competitive exchange rates to help ensure you keep more of your money when it’s sent home. (Learn More)
PingPong is an innovative global money transfer service provider that provides payment and currency conversion services specifically for cross border e-commerce merchant based in China. Pingpong specializes secure and efficient global money transfer service which enables e-commerce merchant getting paid from global ecommerce marketplaces in foreign currency into their local bank account in China or Hong Kong and conveniently converted into their local currency. Pingpong’s service is fast, reliable and cost competitive. (Learn More)
For domestic sellers with a US bank account or international sellers, the standard method for transferring profits from your sales on Newegg is a wire transfer. Paypal can also be enabled for fund transfers, with a maximum amount of up to $10,000. (Learn More)
Newegg is the seller of record on any sellers’ products* sold on Newegg websites. Newegg will calculate, display, and charge customer sales tax for sellers’ product orders shipped to certain states. Newegg will remit sales taxes to the tax authority of those juridictions respectively. See the complete list of states for more details.
What about ISO sellers?
*ISO Sellers – ISO sellers will be collecting sales taxes and remitting to tax authorities according to their own state Nexus.
Due to the changes in state sales tax law, marketplace providers like Newegg are now required to collect sales tax in a number of states on behalf of third party sellers. As such, Newegg will not be able to offer the same flexibility for sales tax collections in the following jurisdictions due to these state’s “Marketplace Facilitator” sales tax collection rules.
Beginning 7/15/2019, Newegg will charge its sales tax collection process for ISO sellers in response to new rules enacted by various states. See the complete list of states for more details.
No, since Newegg is the Merchant of Record; we will be sending the sales tax that was collected to the appropriate state for processing. You will not receive a 1099 from us. You may download a copy of each settlement in the Seller Portal for reference. (Please review: “Do I Receive Payment Settlements?” for instructions on “how to download transactions”).
Seller Account Settings
Your seller account may be inactive because it was recently created. For quality assurance, we ask sellers to begin the process by uploading product in the Seller Portal. Once a few products have been uploaded, we will review your listings and correct any potential mishaps in the process. This quality assurance procedure has effectively helped many sellers start off on the right foot, and has helped to produce more sales. Once you have created your items, they will appear as disabled until your seller account has been activated. Our Category Manager will verify your items and then activate your account so that you can begin selling in our Marketplace platform.
If you have any questions, you may contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact your account manager regarding activating your account, if you are unsure who your account manager is you can contact our Seller Services team at email@example.com for further assistance.
You are allowed 72 hours to ship an order upon receiving order confirmation from us. After 72 hours, orders will auto-void and you will not be paid, regardless if you have shipped the merchandise or not.
No, you are allowed 72 hours on all items sold on Newegg Marketplace. If you know that certain items require more than 72 hours to prepare, we encourage you not to list those items on our marketplace.
Will Newegg pursue the customer for payment if I ship an order that was auto-voided (past 72-hour shipping deadline)?
No, Newegg will not be responsible for pursuing payment on your behalf. Fulfilling orders within 72 hours is the responsibility of our sellers.
No, Newegg will not credit sellers for merchandise loss. If an order is not shipped within 72 hours, sellers are responsible.
No, the 72 hour deadline includes working business days only. Each order has a date time stamp which indicates when orders will auto-void. The 72 hour time-stamp is calculated in Pacific Standard Time (PST). This time stamp is located in the Order List in our Seller Portal.
Please note: If you are not in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, please process your orders earlier to prevent auto-voids.
Feedback and Performance
The Newegg Marketplace third-party seller rating system is 1 to 5 eggs, with 5 eggs being the best. After a customer has ordered from a third party seller, customer may leave comment, feedback, and/or ratings to inform other customers about their experience. We consider 4 to 5 egg ratings as positive experiences, 3 is neutral, and 1 to 2 eggs are negative experiences. A third-party seller’s average rating will appear alongside their name on Newegg site. See our completed seller review Posting Policy.
Most sellers will receive some negative feedback at one time or another. If you have large number of negative feedback, you may want to review your business practices and adjust to the demands of your customers. When you receive a negative feedback, there are several ways you can respond:
- Learn from it: Each negative feedback remark is a great opportunity to learn about and improve your operational practices. When you are signed in your seller account on Seller Portal, you can see the customer’s name and the associated order numbers. Review the order which received the negative feedback, fix any underlying problems in your operation, and move on.
- Ask the buyer to remove the feedback: If you want to respond to negative feedback, the best option is to work with the customer to improve the situation that led to the negative feedback. Then, ask the customer to remove the feedback. To do this, contact the customer with concern over the problem, and remedy it if possible. If you develop a positive relationship, ask the customer to remove the feedback. When contacting a customer, always keep in mind that pressuring a customer is unacceptable and a violation of our policies.How to remove seller feedback
Log in to Newegg.com -> Go to “Order History” and find the order with feedback you would like to remove -> click the submitted feedback link (eggs) -> Click “Delete” button on the right.
- Leave a response to the feedback: If you cannot work with the customer to remove the feedback, leave a professional and positive comment in response to the feedback, and move on. Always keep in mind that inappropriate response is unacceptable and a violation of our policies.How to leave a response to the feedback
Log in to Newegg Seller Portal -> Click “Customer Rating Report” under “Business Report” -> Select the feedback you would like to respond, click “Respond” button to reply. If the buyer eventually decides to remove the feedback they left, your response will automatically be removed.
We focus on both seller’s average feedback rating as well as the number of orders which have negative feedback ratings as a percentage of total order count as an indicator of seller performance. Seller should maintain overall average seller feedback rating at above 3-egg level.
Newegg places customer experience as of highest importance. We have established acceptable standards on customer experience related performance metrics so millions of Newegg value customers can shop with a sense of safety and security from our third party seller community. We at Newegg are constantly searching for new ways to improve our customer experience and we are updating the standard and target on our third party seller’s performance metrics from time to time accordingly. To find out the most updated standards on seller performance metrics, click here. Here are some tips for the best practice:
- All orders must be shipped within 3 business days of receiving order from Newegg. To ensure optimum customer experience, having orders shipped out within 1 – 2 business day(s) with order tracking numbers updated would be highly recommended. Orders will be voided automatically if not being fulfilled within 3 business days and such voids will contribute to seller’s order per-fulfillment void ratio.
- All sellers must maintain sales order pre-fulfillment void ratio not exceeding 2.5%. Pre-Fulfillment void ratio is the number of orders voided by a seller prior to ship confirms divided by the number of total orders the seller received from Newegg.
- Maintain positive overall customer feedback ratings. 4 to 5 egg rating considered as positive rating, 3 egg rating considered as neutral, and the ratings with less than 3 eggs considered as negative.
- Orders with negative customer feedback ratings OR orders with refund RMA OR both are considered as orders without meeting customer’s expectation. Those orders are defined as defect orders. All sellers must maintain the overall ratio of defect orders among all the orders sellers fulfilled during the time period not exceeding 3%.
- All customer emails must be responded to within 1 business day of receipt. Slow responding to customer emails on any order issues likely causes customer to leave negative feedback and ratings.
Newegg Global is a cross-border selling program designed to make it easy for you to sell products to new customers from around the world.
Whether you are new to selling globally or an experienced cross-border seller, our program is designed to give you the ability to sell to markets that make sense for your business and scale its growth overseas.
Newegg has identified key markets that are cross-border friendly, starting with 20 countries now available to qualified sellers.
If you are an existing seller on our marketplace, Newegg Global selling program is available to you today. See our Newegg Global Setup Guide*, for simple steps to get started.
If you’d like to sign up to become a seller on our marketplace, please apply here.
There is no fee to join Newegg Global. For Newegg Global commission rates, please refer to the Commission Rate section.
If you are an existing seller on our marketplace, Newegg Global selling program is available to you today. See our Newegg Global Setup Guide*, for simple steps to get started.
If you’d like to sign up to become a seller on our marketplace, please apply here.
Newegg is an invite-only marketplace, all applications will be reviewed and an invitation will be extended to qualified sellers.
Shipped by Seller – You can ship products directly to customers with your preferred carrier, as long as you have the ability to ship the package internationally and deliver the order to the customer within the committed delivery time. Below are some commonly used international shipping carriers.
- EMS / Postal
We require all packages are trackable during transit and to be shipped with Customs Duties and Taxes prepaid (Delivered Duty Paid, or DDP), to ensure timely delivery and better shopping experience for international customers. Be sure to take this into consideration when setting up your shipping rate table.
Shipped by Newegg (SBN) – You can utilize SBN, Newegg’s award winning order fulfillment service to save time and cost. Newegg picks, packs and ships the order straight to international customers on your behalf.
Newegg also handles return and customer services on SBN orders.
Newegg’s rates are typically more than 17% lower when compared to similar fulfillment services offered by other marketplaces, and we have not raised costs to our sellers since the program’s inception four years ago.
For more info and rates on SBN, see here.
Stay tune for more announcements of new shipping services soon to be available. It is our goal to reduce the complexity of international shipping for you as you take your business beyond borders.
Newegg will calculate and charge customer for Customs Duties and any applicable taxes at time of order checkout. If you are shipping the order directly to the customer, Newegg will remit the full amount back to you during regularly scheduled payments.
If you are the party shipping the order, make sure the outbound package is shipped with the proper customs labels and clearance forms to ensure smooth delivery to customer. If packages are held or delayed through the customs clearance process, you as the shipper of record are responsible for contacting the appropriate customs agency and to notifying the customer of any delivery delays.
As a seller participating in Newegg Global selling program, you are required to comply with and are subject to all applicable laws and regulations of the origin countries of the products as well as the destination countries for the orders.
Since most of the international shipping carriers are utilizing dedicated air transportation or commercial airline for shipping goods internationally, commonly prohibited items for air transportation such as illegal or hazardous items are restricted. Certain restrictions are also placed on the size and weight of the items depending on the shipping modes and the carrier you choose.
Any item that is prohibited from being sold on Newegg Marketplace cannot be shipped internationally through Newegg Global. You can see the complete list here.
As a best practice, before you select additional countries to sell into, you should research and understand whether your products are appropriate for the destination country, and ensure that you comply with all laws and importing regulations for that country. In addition, check to make sure your product specification, including voltage and plug compatibility in electronics and appliances for example, are suitable for usage in the intended country. Other considerations include varying sizes and standard measurements between countries when it comes to apparel, and home furnishing, as well as ingredients in cosmetics and beauty products.
All Global returns and refunds will be handled through Newegg Return Service. This mandatory service ensures customers with a uniform and quality return experience throughout all 80+ countries. In a further effort to standardize a return policy across all regions, Newegg requires that returns on all products fall within 30 days from invoice date or 15 days from delivery date, whichever comes later. International returns will only be covered by refund and customers will not be provided with an option for replacement. Sellers will have the ability to modify their own return policy with customizable restocking fee range of up to 30%.
For all products that are fulfilled through Shipped by Seller and Shipped by Newegg, Newegg will be the party responsible for approving and processing customer returns on your behalf.
Here’s how it works:
- To initiate a return, customers need to log into their customer account and initiate return request via online return portal.
- Based on the date of return request and return reason, Newegg will accept or deny returns and will offer options for return shipping either paid by Newegg or by the customer.
- Upon receiving the returned merchandise, Newegg return team will inspect, grade the package, and take appropriate action including:
- Approve or deny the return. If approved, Newegg will issue the refund, consolidate and ship the returned merchandise to a U.S. return center. The seller will be notified by Newegg that a return has been processed. Seller will need to coordinate with Newegg Marketplace Seller Services team and Marketplace Logistics Service team for return inventory disposition. For more information regarding disposal fees, please refer to Newegg Return Servicedetails.
- Seller will not be charged for the processing and return of the product. Seller is only responsible for the inventory disposal fees.
Shipped by Seller:
For items shipped by seller, you are responsible for servicing and communicating with the customer. For any inbound customer inquiries or questions, we ask that you respond to all messages within 48 hours or before the end of next business day, whichever comes first. We do recommend a 24 hour response time to all customer messages, as your response time does impact your overall Seller Performance Measurement, for more info see here.
If a customer’s inquiry or question is not addressed within the allowed response time period, Newegg customer service will step in as necessary to respond to or resolve the issue at our discretion on your behalf.
You are not required to have a local customer service support by phone, as long as you have a valid customer service e-mail address in which customer can reach you and receive timely responses from.
Shipped by Newegg
Newegg will provide 24-hour customer service on your behalf in local languages through email and chat, with selective countries offering local language phone support. Newegg return service is automatically provided on all SBN orders.
With local language customer service and return processing (local return address in selective countries), you can be sure that customers are provided with world-class customer service. Newegg simplifies international customer service, so you can focus on growing your business.
Marketplace Guarantee Claim
When customers purchase items from Newegg Marketplace sellers, we want them to be confident that they will receive the level of customer service they’ve come to expect from Newegg. With that in mind, we offer the Newegg Marketplace Guarantee for purchases made from our third-party sellers. With the Newegg Marketplace Guarantee, if a customer meets the requirements below, they may be eligible for reimbursement of the purchase price of any item they purchase from a Newegg Marketplace seller.
To be eligible for the Marketplace Guarantee for an item ordered from a Marketplace seller, customers must meet all of the following requirements:
- The item was (a) never received by the customer or (b) received by the customer but is damaged, defective, or materially different from what was displayed on the Newegg.com website by that seller or (c) received by the customer and eligible for a return.
- If the item was damaged, the customer has notified the seller within 15 days after they received the item.
- If the item is eligible for a return and the customer has filed a return request according to the return procedures.
- Customer returned an eligible item according to the return policy and including all component parts in its original condition to the seller, and in accordance with the applicable return policy and procedures to the seller.
- The seller did not refund the amount the customer paid for the item (net of any reasonable restocking charge imposed by the seller and original shipping cost when reasonable).
We at Newegg will do our best to approve or deny any request under the Newegg Marketplace Guarantee within 1 or 2 weeks. Processing of claims may be shorter or longer depending on the complexity of the claim and the volume of claims received, however, customers generally will receive a response to their claim within one (1) week after the claim is filed on Newegg.
Note: If a customer refuses the package, please retain proof of package refusal with the shipping carrier. If a customer returns the package, please ensure the return shipment has tracking information. The customer’s claim may not be covered if there is no proof the package has been refused or returned.
- You failed to deliver the item by 3 days past the maximum estimated delivery date.
- The item was not shipped, nor was a refund issued.
- The item was lost in transit, but neither tracking number nor proof of delivery could be provided by you.
- The item arrived, but is damaged, defective, or materially different from what was described on the Newegg.com website.
- You provide Invalid tracking number(s) to the customer and you fail to respond to the customer’s email in 2 business days.
- Failure to respond to our customer’s email in 2 business days.
- Item is eligible for a return and you fail to properly respond to the customer’s return request.
- The item was returned to you, however, the return was not processed.
- You agreed to refund the customer but never did.
For every claim, you will receive an email notice with details. You can also review the claim details at Seller Portal > Manage Claims > Customer Claim. We encourage you to regularly check your seller account to be sure you’re aware of all Marketplace Guarantee claims filed against you.
For each claim, you have two business days to work with the customer to resolve any issues. A timely response is important and your explanation of what happened with the order will be used to assess which party is truly accountable for the problem. You should always use the ”Email Customer” function provided in the Seller Portal to make contact with the customer who filed the claim against you in timely manner. If you fail to respond to a claim or if Newegg determines you were at fault, the Newegg team will issue the refund to the customer on your behalf and the refund will be debited from your seller account.
A suggested solution is to issue an RMA for refund, replacement, or issuing a courtesy refund once the issue is resolved. We strongly encourage you to work with customers directly to solve any issues they have. Good communication with customers promotes positive feedback for sellers.
Important Note: Please remind customers to close the claim from their Newegg “My Account” section once the issue related to the claim is resolved.
Customers are expected to work with you to return items before filing a claim. However, they may file a Marketplace Guarantee claim for the purchase if no return instructions were received from you. Newegg does not require that a customer return the item they received once he or she has been reimbursed for an order via the Marketplace Guarantee. An arrangement can be made directly between you and the customer for a return of the item afterwards.
If you fail to respond to a claim or if Newegg determines you were at fault, those claims will negatively affect your seller performance. Poor seller performance can lead to warnings or account suspension against your seller account. To learn how a Newegg Marketplace Guarantee claim filed against you will impact your seller performance measurement, reference our guide to Newegg Seller Performance Measurement.
Newegg Elite Seller
As an existing seller on Newegg Marketplace you will be automatically enrolled as a Standard Seller. Any features that are currently available to you will remain in effect until March 31, 2018. After March 31, 2018 any existing features that are exclusive to the Professional or Enterprise membership levels will no longer be available to existing sellers who choose to operate as Standard Sellers.
If you are currently a seller on Newegg Marketplace you can upgrade anytime! The Professional and Enterprise membership levels provide exclusive benefits to help you engage your customers and grow your business. To upgrade, simply login into Newegg Seller Portal > Manage Account > Membership Settings. For additional details on how to upgrade your membership see the Seller Portal guide for Newegg Elite Seller.
At this time Newegg Elite Seller and its Standard, Professional, and Enterprise membership levels is only available to sellers on the Newegg.com platform.
Although we realize that it may sound appealing to only purchase a single feature we’re confident you’ll change your mind. By joining Newegg Marketplace as a Professional or Enterprise Seller you receive access to a wealth of marketing programs as well as substantial discounts on services like Shipped By Newegg and Newegg Shipping Label Service.
You can upgrade anytime! Once you upgrade, you will receive immediate access to your membership features.
Ultimately, upgrading your Newegg Elite Seller membership has to make business sense for you, but here are a few common reasons to upgrade:
- I want to increase customer engagement & repeat business
- I am using Shipped by Newegg (SBN) or Newegg Shipping Label Service and would like to reduce costs
- I want to be eligible for more marketing programs from Newegg
- I want to list more items
If you find yourself saying things like this then consider upgrading to a Professional or Enterprise membership.
Personalized Post Purchase Emails allow you to target your customers with custom offers and product selections, helping to drive brand engagement and return business. The Post Purchase Email service is available exclusively to Enterprise Sellers.
Newegg provides a variety of email templates designed to increase customer engagement with your Newegg store. These email templates include promo code emails, suggested products emails, and storewide promotion emails. At this time we only allow sellers to use Newegg’s curated email templates. For more details refer to the Seller Portal guide for Newegg Elite Seller.
As an Enterprise Seller, the Post Purchase Email service allows you to send one email per customer order transaction that has occurred within the last 90 days. Post Purchase Emails can be schedule to send on any future day and time. This is a powerful communication tool and we strongly encourage you only send value-added content to avoid inadvertently spamming your customers and decreasing your subscription rate.
Yes! You can easily group customers together to create custom segments using Seller Portal. By segmenting your email audience based on product category you can effectively retarget customers with similar shopping interests. Once you’ve created a customer segment you can choose a curated email template that best targets that group of customers. The Newegg team is always here to help if you need any ideas on how to leverage this tool.
The Standard membership is always free! If you have upgraded to a Professional or Enterprise membership you will be billed monthly on the credit card (U.S. and international credit cards accepted) that is on file for your seller account. Your card will be billed on the 21st of each month for the upcoming calendar month.
When you enroll as a Professional or Enterprise Seller on Newegg Marketplace we ask you to commit for 6 months. Why 6 months? We believe 6 months will give you time to accurately assess the impact of the exclusive features available to Professional and Enterprise Sellers. If after 6 months you aren’t satisfied you can cancel your membership and continue to operate as a Standard Seller. To cancel your membership contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in mind that once you cancel your Professional or Enterprise membership you will lose access to any features exclusive to those membership levels including the number of items you are able to list.
Newegg is responsible for checking customer information for potential fraud. Once we validate customer information, the order confirmation will be sent to your Seller Portal. This is when the 72 hour auto-void deadline begins.
Please Note: You may receive an email from us asking you to void or stop an order from shipping because we later discovered fraudulent activity after the order confirmation was sent to you. Please do not be alarmed, you will still be paid for the item if you are unable to void the order. We ask that you attempt to recall any orders valued above $25 if they were shipped. We will credit you any recall fees assessed by your shipping company to return the package back to you. If you have any questions regarding this, please email us at email@example.com.
Refunds and Returns
- Courtesy refund is used when you want to issue a partial refund to the customer as a courtesy from your company, without requiring the customer to return the product.
- RMA refund is used when you require our customer to return the merchandise back to you.
Please Note: Courtesy Refund does not refund commission back to you because it is a courtesy from your company and it does not refund sales tax (if applicable) back to the customer. So we encourage our sellers to use RMA Refund whenever possible.
Shipped by Newegg
Yes, we now have our Shipped by Newegg fulfillment service available for orders placed on the Newegg.ca site. You must set up a specific SBN account for Canada; all the rates and contact information can be found here.